Address: PO Box 763
Aylesbury Bucks HP20 9BF, UK
E-mail: [email protected]
2007 M.F.S.E.M. (UK)
Member of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine
2003 F.F.S.E.M. (Ireland)
Fellow of the Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine
1988 Ph.D. (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, U.S.A.)
Doctor of Philosophy (Kinesiology) with specialisation in Sport Psychology
1982 M.D. (University of Calcutta, Calcutta, India)
Doctor of Medicine (Psychiatry)
1981 D.P.M. (University of Calcutta, Calcutta, India)
Diploma in Psychological Medicine
1975 M.B. B.S. (Medical College, Jabalpur, University of Jabalpur, India)
I have worked as a Consultant Psychiatrist in various places in India, Australia and UK. I have been working with the Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust, UK since July 2007. I have also worked as a Sports Psychologist, Sports Authority of India and Graduate Assistant, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA.
I have twelve publications in the peer-reviewed and popular journals.
1. A Study of Perception of Facial Expressions of Emotions in Certain Types of Mental Patients. Unpublished M.D. thesis, University of Calcutta, India, 1981.
2. The Effects of a Self-Monitored Jogging Program on Anxiety and Personality. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA, 1988.
HONOURS AND AWARDS
1. Graduate College Dissertation Research Grant Award, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1987-88.
2. Fellow in the Department of Kinesiology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1986-87.
3. Sir R.B. Ghose Travelling Fellowship, University of Calcutta, 1984-85.
4. 120-DGHS (Director General of Health Services) Scholarship, Government of India, 1980-81.
MEMBERSHIPS IN PROFESSIONAL ORGANISATIONS
1. International Fellow, American Psychiatric Association
2. Specialist Associate, Royal College of Psychiatrists
3. Member, International Society for Sport Psychiatry
4. Member, American College of Sports Medicine
5. Member, British Association of Sport & Exercise Medicine
6. Member, British Medical Association
7. Life Member, British Indian Psychiatric Association
8. Life Fellow, Indian Psychiatric Society
9. Life Member, Indian Medical Association
10. Life Member, Indian Federation of Sports Medicine
11. Life Member, Sports Psychology Association of India
12. Life member, Indian Society for Clinical & Experimental Hypnosis
1. Attended a course in sports medicine recognised by International Sports Medicine Federation and awarded Diploma in Sports Medicine, October 1976.
2. Went as leader of educational tour, Medical College, Jabalpur, India, April 1976.
3. Member, Medical Team, IX Asian Games, New Delhi, India, November 1982.
4. Attended a course on Hypnotherapy conducted by the Indian Society for Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis, November 1983.
5. Detected errors in several psychiatry textbooks of international repute that have been acknowledged by the authors/publishers.
6. Life Member, University of Illinois Alumni Association, Urbana, Illinois, USA.
7. Executive Committee Member, Sports Psychology Association of India, 1989-1993.
8. Executive Committee Member, British Medical Association, Buckinghamshire Division since 2007.
9. Member, Indian Cultural Society, Aylesbury.
10. Member, Liaison Commission, Indian Federation of Sports Medicine.
11. Member, The Tagore Centre UK
12. Moderator, e_ips (web-based forum of the Indian Psychiatric Society)